Thursday, January 15, 2009

Oakley makes THREE ......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAD!!! So this year for Tad's birthday i had a crazy idea to surprise Tad with a PUPPY! Yes i know .... you all think I'm crazy, and maybe i will agree, but ask me that in a few weeks ... two chewed shoes later! But Tad and i have decided that this dog will NOT chew, wishful thinking i know! So the details to this fairy tale are short and sweet ... Tad has wanted a dog now for what seems like forever, he and i have both grown up with them but have yet to have our own! So last week i came up with the idea, Ryan went with me on a whim to look at the puppies ... ten minutes later ... i had bought one! She spent the weekend hiding out at the Burt's and Ryan's house, made friends with Zoe, Kita, and Nixen ... Wednesday night we got everyone together for dinner and birthday cake ... then the most exciting news of the night, Tad had a little surprise waiting for him on the front porch with a big red bow!!! Guesses anyone ...? an eight week old golden retriever! i hope you all think she is as cute as we do, and we gladly accept babysitters ...
OAKLEY

my new DADDY!

and MOMMY!


Uncle Drew!

the jealous and not so sure siblings .... (my family dogs) 



we had to buy something girlie, so i found this cute dog dish that i had to share with you all!

we will keep you posted .....

8 comments:

the johansen's said...

She's super cute Em! I want to see her!

Freedom101 said...

WHAT..... EMILY..... YOU ARE CRAZY!!! But that dog is stinkin' cute! I can't believe that you guys are taking on parenthood already. Congratulations!!!!

TOO CUTE!

Love ya,

Ali


PS_ Hey Em will you do me a favor....could you take off our last name on our link to your blog. I did a quick search of my name and your blog was the only thing coming up. Not a big deal, just a privacy thing. Thanks

Efamily said...

OOPS that's us.... I was posting as a different account.

Happy Birthday TADDER!

Lisa Cannon said...

You are CRAZY! I must admit - that puppy is so cute! Don't tell Will and Ben. They keep asking for a dog and I tell them...we have Max, we don't need a dog :)

Emily said...

Em- I can help you change your song on playslist. Just email me your user name and password. Unless of course you want to keep the Christmas spirit all year...which is great with me!

Emily said...

PS- I went ahead and changed our name on the list of "Your Favorites".

Good luck with your new baby!

Kim said...

Soooo cute! My kids can't wait to meet her!!! We will see you soon!

Cedar City weaver said...

What a cute puppy! Looks just like Tad! Barb