Friday, September 11, 2009

the years ....

my mom passed away thursday september 1oth, peacefully and comfortably after all her loved ones had said their goodbyes.  after nearly a ten year battle with alzheimers, she decided her fight was done. i know now she is in a better place, but having her completely gone is still hard and will take some time to fully understand why. she was an amazing woman and i am so blessed to have her as a mother. i love her more than she will ever know and admire her integrity and strength. i just wanted to thank everyone for their love, support and prayers. for information about her services you can e-mail me at ekh7slc@yahoo.com

my family (i'm the new one)

10 comments:

naptime nostalgia said...

Hey Emily,

It's Amy Rossi (Kristin & Jake Hodson's friend). I found your blog through Jamie & Lorens. I saw your mothers obituary in the paper this morning and just wanted to extend to you my deepest sympathy. Hang in there.

Amy

Drew said...

I love you Em.

Drew said...

Well that was me (Ali)....I keep forgetting that I am using Drew's computer.

Drew loves you too though! we all love you.

You are such a rock!

the johansen's said...

You're amazing Em. Hang in there!! Love you!

Jeff and Linz said...

Miss Em,
It was so nice running into you on Friday, you ALWAYS look so beautiful! Your mother was a stunning lady! I love the picture of you to, so precious. You're such an amazing girl!Hang in there! Love you

tiffany and darren said...

Emily, my heart breaks for you! I admire how strong you have been through all of this! I too loved your mom and thought of her as a second mom growing up when our backyards touched. Your family has been in my thoughts as this battle has finally ended. She is in a better place.

Luke and Ali Stewart said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will be thinking about you. That pic of you and your mama made me cry. Hang in there!

Jason and Stefanie Burt said...

Your such a strong person em. Love ya guys and let us know if we can do anything for you!!

the taylors said...

I was so sorry to hear about your mom. She was one of the sweetest ladies and treated me so well whenever i was at your house.

Mindi said...

So sorry to hear about your mom. You are such an amazing person, so she must have been too! You and your family will be in our prayers!
Mindi (& family)